Whether your next step is a business expansion or a fruitful exit, dealing with it confidently and profitably is the key.
Our experts apply practical experience derived from the multiple transactions we have planned and delivered. This lets us provide our financial and strategic investment clients highly professional services in structural financing and preparation of acquisitions, including associated legal and tax audits and implementation thereof. Our services associated with acquisitions also include all aspects of competition law, corporate and financial restructuring, MBO and MBI projects.
- sale of one of the leading Czech producers of electro-technical equipment to a global industrial concern
- counselling provided to a foreign SME growth capital investment fund in acquisitions, subsequent developments and sales of SME investments in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia
- takeover and restructuring of a leading CEE travel agency
- acquisition, restructuring and subsequent sale of a Czech retail network for one of the biggest global telecommunications operator
- realization of merger through merging involving revaluation of dissolved companies and equity capital of the successor company in the amount of almost CZK 1bn
Finance is the fuel of business and understanding how it operates is fundamental.
Our experts offer an entire set of finance-focused services from ordinary bank loan facilities structuring and negotiation to significant syndicated loans, bank security instruments, and specific banking products such as LMA standard documentation or documentations based on local Bank Associations‘ standards.
Our banking, corporate and individual clients receive cutting edge consultation on acquisition financing, debt restructuring, project financing, and other financial affairs.
When things get tangled, tough and unfavourable, you need a strong and confident partner for the battle.
In the field of arbitration and court proceedings, our team provides strong support to our clients before local courts and in arbitrations - both local and international - in which we have already recorded a number of significant achievements.
Furthermore, we provide services focused on civil and administrative procedures. Our partners are also members of national and international arbitral tribunals.
- counselling provided to a prominent Czech securities trader in an international arbitration dispute regarding compensation of damages amounting to hundreds of millions CZK
- counselling provided to a Czech engineering company in litigation regarding payment of aval in the amount exceeding CZK 0.7bn
- representation of the Czech state in litigations resulting from claims of foreign investors arising from investment protection agreements
- representation of a Czech mobile operator in two litigations with the remaining two Czech mobile operators for the payment of compensation for damage exceeding CZK 1bn resulting from violation of the rules of economic competition
- representation of a Slovak factoring company in international commercial arbitration proceedings with a Czech banking institution for the recovery of approx. CZK 40bn
In the knowledge economy, protecting the intangible becomes critical.
We often advise on industrial rights, including registration and other associated proceedings before the Industrial Property Office. We manage trademark, design, and patent portfolios and establish structures for registration and use thereof at an international scale.
We also advise the ICT industry with a focus on copyrighting, licensing, software distribution covering cloud computing or SaaS, and protecting domain names, including proceedings under EURid.
- takeover of the portfolio of several tens of trademarks for a top global producer of luxurious tobacco products in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia
- design and implementation of strategy of industrial rights protection for one of the leading investment groups in the Czech Republic with a strong foreign overlap
- establishment of extensive international licensing structures for alliances of companies from the field of construction and development
- successful representation of a prominent construction group in objection proceedings before the Industrial Property Office
- comprehensive solution of intellectual property rights issues in the context of development, licence relations and user rights to a software application operating in the cloud computing environment
Whether setting up a new company, expanding an existing company to flourish, or ready for the next step, it all requires a perfect legal ground.
We advise on all corporate issues, including syndicate law, shareholder structures, and agreements for local and foreign investors or strategic partners; mergers, divisions, and squeezeouts. Our services are handled in a complex yet comprehensive way, covering implementation of all corporate changes, contractual relationships, and counselling in associated fields of administrative law, labour and competition law, securities law, and other legal branches regarding day-to-day corporate operations.
- establishment of comprehensive concern structure for a significant Czech construction group
- over ten billion CZK increase in the registered capital for a leading global telecommunications operator
- establishment of the holding structure of one of the biggest engineering groups in Central and Eastern Europe
- comprehensive contractual package for redevelopment of one of the largest industrial facilities in the Czech Republic
- structural support of large-scale joint venture projects in construction industry
A dramatically changing industry with a hazy outlook and unpredictable up-and-coming players calls for considerable experience.
Our law firm has become an important player in the arena of energy law within the Czech Republic, as well as in the countries where our offices are located (Slovakia, Bulgaria, and Romania). Our clients include multinational energy corporations and regulatory authorities, as well as private investors in the field of energy focused on both conventional and renewable energy sources.
- representation of a domestic energy group in development, financing and sale of several photovoltaic power plants
- representation of a domestic energy group in development, financing and sale of several wind power plants (involving CZK 800m investment)
- project of pumped-storage hydroelectric power station with capacity of 1000 MW, involving investment worth more than CZK 25bn
- representation of technology suppliers in the field of energy
- representation of an important domestic group active in the field of gas sale and gas storage
Property is the king. Building, owning, or selling it can be an intricate issue.
That's why our real estate team deals with all aspects of real estate transactions, especially legal audits and relations associated with real estate, acquisitions, and sales and leases of real estate; we also offer effective solutions and services for development projects (e.g. financing, construction, project implementation, acquisitions, sales and leases of premises, etc.).
We also advise on construction law, including all stages of zoning and building permit procedures, counselling within the project, and facility and asset management.
- representation of developers or investment funds in acquisition/sale of shopping centres in the value of CZK 1–3bn
- representation of developers in development of a satellite town on the suburbs of the City of Prague in the value of CZK 5bn or approx. 300 apartments in Pardubice and approx. 270 apartments in Mladá Boleslav for CZK 360m
- representation of developers in forward sales of prepared projects
- legal counselling in development of logistic centres, residential complexes, shopping centres, industrial zones and office buildings (incl. in compliance with FIDIC conditions)
- legal counselling in reconstruction of residential houses in Prague (also in the historic center of the city)
Building a successful digital venture demands courage, vision and innovative thinking. Yet if your ideas are not well-protected from the beginning, it can all go bust.
A number of ICT companies rely on our legal services covering software development contracts, licensing, copyright as well as regulatory affairs. We help companies to get their solutions to market and to stay there.
Our professionals have helped with start-up projects, assisted mid-sized businesses and worked for multinational companies.
We will guide you through complex legislation regarding the protection of personal data. The upcoming force of GDPR won’t catch you up unprepared.
In the context of the new force of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (GDPR), we provide our clients with professional legal support including the following services:
- Complex due diligence on processing and protection of personal data and following elaboration of “GAP analysis”, purpose of which is to find out the differences between the current way of processing and protection of personal data and the standard set out by GDPR
- Implementation of suitable measures in accordance with the outcomes of the due diligence and the GAP analysis in order to reach a full compliance with the provisions of GDPR. This includes revision of current client’s documents and elaboration of Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) and internal directives dealing with processing and protection of personal data
- Implemention of the adopted precautions into use, including workshops and training for employees or members of the company’s bodies who deal with the area of processing and protection of personal data
- Cross-border personal data transfers (both with third parties and intra-group)
The bad luck of some can be a great opportunity for others.
We have gained extensive experience in solving insolvency cases. Our long-term cooperation with banks and financial institutions, large holding groups, and medium businesses have helped us to develop the set of skills required to protect our clients’ interests, regardless if they are in the position of debtor or creditor.
In many complicated cases, we were able to find the right solutions and effective help to protect our clients’ interests. Our professionals represent the clients before the Courts across all stages of insolvency and restructuring procedures.
Our clients turn to us with various issues related to their business. We never give up, so we find solutions for every aspect of day-to-day operations of corporations and their development needs.
- labour law
- protection of economic competition
- church property settlement
- enforcement of receivables
- bankruptcy and settlement proceedings
- PPP projects
- public procurement
- transport law
- telecommunications law
- administrative law
- consumer protection, etc.
- energy sector, including renewable sources of energy