INFORMATION FOR CLIENTS, PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The law firm Konečná & Zacha, s. r. o., advokátní kancelář, with its registered office at Lazarská 1718/3, Nové Město, 110 00 Prague 1, Identification Number (IČO): 271 12 331, registered in the Commerical Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, file No. C 149661, as well as its branches located in Slovakia (Konečná & Zacha, s.r.o.), in Bulgaria (Advokatsko druzhestvo Konecna & Zacha) and in Romania (Konečná & Zacha S.P.A.R.L.) (hereinafter jointly referred to as the „Law firm Konečná & Zacha“), as the personal data controllers, wish to inform you about the key aspects of personal data processing, which takes place in relation to their business activities. The objective of this information is to provide transparency of the processing within the meaning of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter referred to as the „GDPR“).
PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA
The Law firm Konečná & Zacha protects and uses personal data in compliance with the legal framework for protection of personal data, in particular in compliance with the GDPR, as well as legislation on provision of legal services (in particular Czech Act No. 85/1996 Coll., on legal profession, as amended and similar national legislation applicable to each respective branch).
Based on nature of each contract, we process usually the following personal data necessary in order to enter the contract and provide the agreed services:
- name and surname;
- date of birth (including personal identification number (birth number), if applicable);
- phone number;
- bank account number and other transaction data;
- Identification Number, Tax Identification Number;
- other data required based on nature of the contract.
The legal ground for processing of the above mentioned personal data is set out in Article 6, Section 1, letter b) of the GDPR – the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. In some cases we process personal data also on legal ground set out in Article 6, Section 1, letter c) of the GDPR – processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is a subject, in particular legal obligations under the relevant acts on provision of legal services, accounting legislation and legislation against money laundering and financing of terrorism to the extent of compulsory due diligence of the client, as well as under other applicable legislation.
In addition to the abovementioned, within the ordinary course of trade the Law firm Konečná & Zacha processes contact data of its clients, prospective clients and business partners for the purpose of informing them about news from legal areas in which the Law firm Konečná & Zacha specializes (in the form of newsletter). The objective of the newsletter is to inform the data subject and strengthen their awareness about specialization of the Law firm Konečná & Zacha in order to build and maintain good business relationship with them, which constitutes its legitimate interest within the meaning of Article 6, Section 1, letter f) of the GDPR.
Except as listed above, the Law firm Konečná & Zacha does not collect, request or process any personal data. The personal data are processed manually as well as automatically.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data of our clients, prospective clients and business partners are usually processed for one or more of the below purposes:
- performance of a contract;
- protection of legitimate interests of the controller;
- accounting, invoicing and fulfilment of related legal obligations;
- proper management of the lawyer’s files, including related e-mail communication, contact lists and provided services;
- fulfilment of legal obligations pursuant to legislation against money laundering and financing of terrorism;
- distributing newsletter from legal areas in which the Law firm Konečná & Zacha specializes;
- fulfilment of other legal obligations.
TERM OF STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
- In compliance with the principles of the GDPR the personal data are kept in a form which permits identification of clients, prospective clients and business partners for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed and in compliance with time limitations set out in applicable law, contracts and internal regulations of the Law firm Konečná & Zacha. Once the respective purpose has been fulfilled, the personal data processing is terminated, nevertheless, archival documents shall continue to be stored for archiving purposes pursuant to applicable law. Some data may also be retained if necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the Law firm Konečná & Zacha for the purposes of claiming or enforcing its legal claims.
PERSONAL DATA RECIPIENTS
During processing of the personal data the Law firm Konečná & Zacha provides them to the following third parties:
- public authorities (courts, administrative, financial and customs authorities);
- third parties determined by the client;
- providers of services for maintenance of the website and IT systems;
- other persons cooperating with the Law firm Konečná & Zacha on the basis of agreement on permanent cooperation or mandate agreement.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECTS
The Law firm Konečná & Zacha fully respects all rights of its clients, prospective clients and business partners as the data subjects, which arise to them in relation to processing of their personal data by the Law firm Konečná & Zacha. Beside the right to obtain information pursuant to Article 13 and 14 of the GDPR, it includes the following rights:
- right of access to the personal data processed;
- right to rectification of inaccurate and completion of incompate personal data;
- right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”);
- right to restriction of processing;
- right to data portability;
- right to object processing;
- right to file a complaint with the data protection authority.
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE CONTROLLER
We will gladly provide you with further information about processing of your personal data on the basis of your written of phone request addressed to below contact details:
- Address: Konečná & Zacha, s.r.o., advokátní kancelář Lazarská 1718/3, Nové Město, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
- Phone: +420 221 990 455
- Fax: +420 221 990 450
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Konečná & Zacha, s.r.o., Ventúrska 12, 811 01 Bratislava - Staré Mesto, Slovak Republic
- Phone: +421 254 418 470
- Fax: +421 254 418 471
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Konečná & Zacha S.P.A.R.L., 15 Aleea Dealul Mitropoliei - Sector 4, 040163 Bucharest, Romania
- Phone: +40 311 054 001
- Fax: +40 311 054 002
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Advokatsko druzhestvo Konecna & Zacha, 19 Vitosha Boulevard, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
- Phone: +359 2 98 99 100
- Fax: +359 2 98 99 099
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITIES
In the Czech Republic:
- The Office for Personal Data Protection (Úřad pro ochranu osobních údajů)
- Address: Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7 – Holešovice, Czech Republic
- Phone: +420 234 665 111
- Web page: uoou.cz
- E-mail: email@example.com
In the Slovak Republic:
- The Office for Personal Data Protection in Slovak Republic (Úrad na ochranu osobných údajov Slovenskej republiky)
- Address: Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava 27, Slovak Republic
- Phone: +421 /2/ 3231 3214
- Web page: http://www.dataprotection.gov.sk
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autoritatea Nationala de Supraveghere a Prelucrarii Datelor cu Caracter Personal
- Address: B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru 28-30, Sector 1, cod postal 010336, Bucuresti, Romania
- Phone: +40 318 059 211
- Web page: dataprotection.ro
- E-mail: email@example.com